Thursday, October 11, 2012

The beginnig

Since I have not received any stories from you jet, I'll start with my own memories about Rhino Park's beginning.

As you know, we started out as a Day Hospital.
But wait, let's start at the VERY beginning:
Mrs Anchenn Parkhouse and myself was working for Medi-City Windhoek (believe it or not, but I was their Admin Manager & locum Pharmacist - as Mr Pietie Sander was their Pharmacy manager a that time).
As it usually goes, the doctors were complaining about Medi-City being a South African business - and they told Mrs Parkhouse she must start a Namibian Private Hospital.
Knowing Mrs Parkhouse, she jumped at this idea. She started talking to Dr Joggie Briedenhan & Mr Christo van Niekerk to get them involved - Mr Van Niekerk was at that stage the major property developer in Namibia - and he provided the premises and the money to start this project.

Mrs Parkhouse involved me to be responsible for the Pharmacy and admin.
Well, on the 2nd of January 1994 I report for duty at Rhino Park Day Clinic - and this is the site that greeted me:


 (sorry about the poor picture quality, but I took a picture from a portrait)




When I asked where's the Clinic because I'm here to commence duty, they gave me a wheelbarrow and said you better start building, because we want to open this Clinic within 6 months!!!!
And so my career as "A Jane-of-all-trades" started at Rhino Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment